Emseal sealant tapes
The easy, cost-effective way to seal the foundation of your metal building.
Constructed from resilient polyurethane foam and water-based acrylic technology, these self-adhering tape seals can replace, and outperform, liquid sealants, butyl-tape sealants and closed-cell closures.
How Emseal Works
When properly anchored, the pressure created from both structure and surface compress the foam creating a seal, and the adhesive tape assures reliable adhesion to both surfaces. Even as the sealed components shrink and expand with seasonal temperature changes, long-term sealing contact with the surfaces is maintained. Typically, the compression level of a standard building will prevent 80%+ of water from breaching the base of your structure.
- Long lasting – will not dry out and become hard or brittle
- UV-stable and highly resistant to aging and vermin (bugs, rodents, birds, etc.)
- Will not extrude when squeezed, like caulk or butyl-type tapes
- Maintains seal during thermal expansion and contraction
- Provides a durable and versatile seal where the material will be held at a high degree of compression by fasteners such as anchors, clips, screws, etc
- Seals out dust, air, wind-driven snow, and moisture in metal buildings and similar structures, both pre-manufactured and site-built
- Suitable for use against concrete, metal, plastic trim, and other materials common in metal building structures